Large Open Bathroom Transformation
When we think about spacious bathrooms, we are imagining lots of light and light feel, but how to get all that when you're not only changing the tiles on the walls, but also creating a bathroom in a completely new space.
We were very excited to work with the home owners to create a family friendly bathroom that accommodates the needs of all family members and en suite that will flow with the bathroom and walk in wardrobe.
- We love challenges and creating a bathroom in a space that used to be a laundry room, was tricky but we are very happy how the layout worked out. The house is a midcentury style house with a retro feel and the owners wanted to keep some of the original elements that will still work with more modern style.
- The main objective was to make an old laundry room into a bright and spacious family bathroom. Instead of a door, a large up to wall window was created to let natural light in.
- Feature tiles on the floor - porcelain subway mosaic tiles laid in a herringbone pattern. The surface of the tiles imitates stone finish.
- A small recessed shelf with a feature tile back above the bath tub for shampoos. A great way to add some texture to otherwise plain and modest walls.
- A large walk in shower.
- Gorgeous custom made Wormy Chestnut Vanity with two doors and two drawers and timber top. A small Wormy Chestnut vanity with two doors in en suite.
- Stone basins.
- All tapware and accessories in family bathroom and ensuite is Brushed Nickel.
- In en suite original wooden details have been kept to retain the original features.
- The en suite opens to walk in wardrobe and bedroom and needed to have the same flow throughout all these rooms to work as a who unit.
We loved the idea that the owners wanted to keep some of the design elements from the past and dress it up with some modern ideas. What an amazing journey.